Bedford Christian Church has a strong heritage going back to 1902 when a few families gathered at the old Saunders warehouse on Washington Street. Two years later they erected a one-room frame building on West Main Street. In 1924 the W.R. Saunders children purchased the Episcopal Church building on North Bridge Street to serve as our house of worship. Through several generations, the church continued to nurture its members.
In 1992, realizing the limitations of its building and property, the congregation purchased eighteen acres of land on Route 122 South with the hope of someday building a new church. In the summer of 2004, the building on North Bridge Street was sold to the Wharton Foundation and construction began on a new church home. In June of 2005, we moved into our new facility, a multipurpose building with administrative offices, classrooms and a fellowship hall/worship space.
In 2007 we planted and dedicated our Chalice Garden, a space for meditation and where we gather for Easter sunrise services.